Monday, August 27, 2012

Fybromaylagia And Me (The Story Behind The Candle)

I designed this candle in honour of those who suffer from fybromaylagia and lupus. The universal symbol of fybromalagia and lupus is purple butterflies, as seen in my handcrafted candle above. I myself have been recently  diagnosed with fybromaylagia. Although doctors have recently diagnosed me with this chronic disorder. I have experienced fybromaylagia symptoms for many years. The Creator above and my aromatherapy self treatments, is who I have to thank for helping me cope with the pain before my diagnoses. After my diagnoses, I was put on appropriate medications. I was also able to develop a natural holistic product called Balancing Hair & Body Cream to assist me with my fybromaylagia. I must admit, it has worked wonders!.  Let me share with you what Fybromaylagia is and it's symptoms, that  way you will have a better understanding, what patients like us is going through.
                                                   What is Fybromaylagia

Fibromaylagia is a disorder that causes muscle pain and fatigue (feeling tired). People with fibromaylagia have “tender points” on the body. Tender points are specific places on the neck, shoulders, back, hips, arms, and legs. These points hurt when pressure is put on them.
People with fibromaylagia may also have other symptoms, such as:
  • Trouble sleeping
  • Morning stiffness
  • Headaches
  • Painful menstrual periods
  • Tingling or numbness in hands and feet
  • Problems with thinking and memory (sometimes called “fibro fog”).
A person may have two or more coexisting chronic pain conditions. Such conditions can include chronic fatigue syndrome, endometriosis, fibromyalgia, inflammatory bowel disease, interstitial cystitis, temporomandibular joint dysfunction, and vulvodynia. It is not known whether these disorders share a common cause.

What is Lupus  
 
Lupus is an autoimmune disease where the body's immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissue. This results in symptoms such as inflammation, swelling, and damage to joints, skin, kidneys, blood, the heart, and lungs.
Under normal function, the immune system makes proteins called antibodies in order to protect and fight against antigens such as viruses and bacteria. Lupus makes the immune system unable to differentiate between antigens and healthy tissue. This leads the immune system to direct antibodies against the healthy tissue - not just antigens - causing swelling, pain, and tissue damage.

Sweet Aromas 4U fybromaylagia/ lupus handcrafted candles are infused with pure lavender essential oil. Let's help spread the awareness of Fybromaylagia and Lupus with Sweet Aromas 4U Fybromaylagia/ Lupus candles. Pick up one for you or a loved one today!
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment